Friday, January 16, 2009

Track athlete

As I mentioned before, I will be focusing more on the track this year. Well this is mainly because I have access to a track now at uni and also a coach. Needless to say, being a track athlete entails stepping on to a track for training, and this is what I have been doing for the past 2 weeks or so. However, my performances in these sessions have been, to put it gently, underwhelming. At first the transition was literally very painful. After I went through my first proper session on the track, which were 20x200m intervals finished off with a 1000m run, I legs were really banged up. They stayed banged up enough that I had to walk like I had walking sticks for legs for the next 3 or 4 days. Nevertheless, the poison worked. It inoculated me from being crippled by the subsequent workouts. Still, it didn't cure the other problem. I was still being dusted by my training partner Prakash. Sure this guy is no slouch, being last year's Penang Open champ in the steeplechase, but still... Basically it sucks. The last thing you want as an athlete is to see the back of somebody else pulling ever further ahead. I guess things are not quite on track after all...

1 comment:

evalyn_teh said...

I'm quite impress... your standard of english is of par with Dr haslina i think. haha..
No wonder ppl call you the boy geniuse.
I have a blog too. unfortunately you won't be able to read it. you'll understand why when you see it.