Tuesday, May 05, 2009

Semester Break = TRAINING TIME!!!

To the readers, however little left there are, I am truly sorry at the sorry state of my blog. Yeah, that's the most overused line in blogdom ever in its many forms, and one that I am guilty of overusing even in this blog. Still doesn't make it any less apt to preface a recall to blogging arms though, so it stays.

Anyway, I have a few really good reasons for my absence from the blogosphere (really!). Mainly, my lackadaisical approach to my studies caught with me right after my last post and I was forced to focus my waning energies on the most hectic period of the semester. So there I was, desperately fending off datelines while the almighty threat of the final exams looms high over the horizon. The fact that I was on a steep downhill immediately after MASUM didn't exactly help. All the races subsequently were nothing to write about and I was trying my best to forget them.

All that's in the past though. Luckily for me, my running has not mirrored my lack of blogging activity, and I have continued training, albeit not at full intensity, through my finals. This block of training is geared towards the many big races coming up in the latter half of the year. Thankfully, my performances have started to pick up a bit, and not a moment too soon as I have a meet this weekend to help me get a feel of where I am fitness-wise. Fingers crossed, I will be running in the 1500 and 10000(or 5000) races at the Kedah Open. I am not hoping for much, as I will be using this meet as race exposure cum training cum cheapskate holiday, but a personal best or two would be nice ;).

As stated in the title, I will be going full blast from here on out!

No comments: