Monday, July 07, 2008

Rainbow after the rain

It was an intense battle. The outcome wasn't immediately certain as the smoke and dust from the almighty battle settled. As I finally catch a well deserved easy breath of air, I surveyed the effects of that battle, prepared for dismay. But a glance at the tag bestowed unto me told all that I needed to know. I had made it. I had finally stepped into the promised land with 2 spots to spare.

In bluer collar language, I finally managed to get among the money winning places in a race. The destination was Ipoh, a very unfamiliar place to me, before this race, I have only made passing visits there, but now it has a special place in my heart. In one fell swoop, I lopped off nearly 10 minutes off my personal best for a time of 1.27:35, good enough for 18th place. While this is a moment to savour, it is the culmination of hours of hard work.

The weight has finally been lifted, it's about time I start writing my story as a runner.

No comments: