Friday, April 29, 2011

Barefoot+Hills=Time for new shoes? Days 2 and 3

The past 2 days have been fairly low intensity.

Day 2:
10min warmup (grass)
Light drills
45min barefoot (grass, easy)
Shoes: Brooks Launch

Day 3: (morning)
10min warmup (grass)
6x hill sprints, about 10secs each (fast)
Shoes: Brooks Launch (older)

I planned to do some running in the evening today, but due to some unforeseen circumstances, I got too tired. Anyway, what I gathered from these 2 days is I might need to chuck out the Launches, or at least the older pair. The reason those lame 10min 'warmups' became 'warmups' is because my feet were feeling sore and I could only make it so far.

Even if I just retire a pair of the Launches, what should I replace them with? That would leave me with precisely 1 pair of regular training shoes (the other Launches) since all my other shoes are racers. The new Launches are no longer affordable any more. Darn, decisions, decisions.

No comments: