Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Sub 1.25 or bust: Road to KL Day 1

There are only about 8.5 weeks left until the Stan Chart KL Marathon. After last Sunday's less than stellar race, it's time for me to buck up. At the rate I am progressing, I would be consigned to the back of the pack by the up and coming young guns. Even Tiger went up a few levels with his 1.26. As Tiger will be going for the full distance in KL, I won't even get a chance to pay him back for that massive beating. Never mind, there's another way to one up his mark: sub-1.25.

I took 2 days to recover from Bidor, partly out of laziness, partly out of mylegscantevenwalkstraightitis. Both of them were still afflicting me today, but I was starting to feel guilty, so much so I was even able to disregard the unusual lethargy I was feeling after my afternoon nap. On top of that, the weather was bloody hot and humid. I sure wish I can replicate this kind of fortitude in the next 9 weeks and beyond.

Menu:
Jog to Youth Park, easy
Run to Jesselton, easy
12 strides (~250m), jog back recovery (supposed to be easy, but try telling that to my calves @#%$$#)
Jog back to Youth Park, death march

Running partners: Kang and gang

Shoe: Brooks T5 racers

Weather: Unbelievably hot and humid

The calves were a bit tight, and the humid weather had me gasping after 3 or 4 reps. Didn't know what made me go on. All in all, glad that I completed it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I will be monitoring ur progression. Glad that u ran today despite ur aching ankle n calf n wherever it is after the bidor run. Tmr is ur last paper,n u gonna b a full time runner n a part time dog walker. Woof

Ken said...

dog walker?