Tuesday, December 04, 2007

Finally its over

I remember when I started blogging, the night before my last paper in the SPM. 2 years on, my commitment to blogging has not been as firm as I would hope. But fret not, despite the somewhat misleading title up there, I will not be pulling the plug just yet and will try to post as regularly as possible.

What the title really refers to is another big kahuna of an exam, the SPM's big brother, the STPM (with the extra T for terrible, torturous, tepid, trivial, tumultuous, 'tulan', ... insert your own suitable adjective), which has been sucking way too much of my soul these past 18 months. It is with no small measure of relief that I can finally close this chapter of my life.

The tile may also be apt to in reference to my days in my school uniform. From white shirt and dark green shorts, to white shirt & pants, the differences between the times in each uniform has been as drastic as the colours. However, it is with great regret and sorrow that I leave the gates of my school as a student. For 7 years, I have worn any 1 of the 4 school crests in rotation. Those school crests have been with me since the very first few months of my time as a Chung Ling student and will continue to be with me with pride, save 1 which I lost right after my last paper, when the shirt it was on lost its hold on the car radio antenna it was flying high on. At least it went out flying high. That crest will be fondly and forever remembered.

Anyway, long winded posts tend to bore my readers, so I will end my post now. To quote Star Wars 4: Return of The Jedi, I hope this will be the first of the new, not the last of the old.

No comments: