Monday, January 28, 2008

Nocturnal drama 2

Bad news, I had another nightmare just now. This time it is also about exams, but with a slight kung fu-commuter-thieving twist.

The earliest detail I can remember is me taking public transport (most of my dreams have some variation on this, I wonder why). This time the public transport in question is the bus (no surprises here). The driver looked a bit shifty, as if he was stoned or something. At least he wasn't that stoned to walk around, except that he did it while the bus was moving. Whoa, I think my dreams just stepped up a notch, autopilot for buses and the old Hin company type of buses at that! The surreality didn't end there. Halfway through, the bus morphed into a passenger ferry. Too bad that was the only thing that changed, because the driver didn't cure his wanderlust. There was a few close calls too, with the bus/ferry missing a few other (larger) boats at the last second.

Anyway, I did manage to reach dry land in one piece, and quite close to my intended destination too, assuming I am headed to my gym, since my targeted destination was never made clear. We were dropped off at Island Plaza of all places, and the driver just left and entered the Plaza, leaving me with a busload of puzzled passengers. Some of them wandered off, but I decided to stay put, there's a possibility the driver went just off to buy some weed, since similar things have happened in real life. True enough, he did return, but too bad I couldn't remember what happened after this point.

Scene two was more scary than scene one which was just plain baffling. Anyway, I found myself up against a familiar foe, exams. This time it was the science subjects, all of them. I was handed a booklet full of the questions and without much further thought, I went straight down to work. The first question was from biology, and after a while I surprisingly managed to do it. It took even faster to burst my bubble. A friend who was nearby reminded me that we were physics students, and asked why I was looking at the first section of the booklet, which is all biology. The temperature started rising at this point, and it didn't help matters than I didn't have a clue about the questions I am supposed to know about.

Scene three was about exams too, but with a twist. This time we had to complete a paper on the Moral subject. At least we were given a somewhat fair chance. We were to go for a talk before taking the paper. And for whatever reason I was carrying a sword, a good one apparently. After listening to the talk, I bumped into a bratty kid and his father outside the coffeeshop where the talk was held (go figure). He proceeded to boast about his sword. I tried to take it for a while, but finally burst his bubble. Having said my mind, I packed up my stuff and proceeded to head for the classrooms where the exam will be held. My gut told me I left something behind, so I had to check through all my swords. To make things worse, they were identical, but I somehow knew that my best sword was left behind. I had no choice but to rush back and look for it. Somehow, I had a nagging feeling that it would have been in the possession of that bratty kid. Upon reaching the coffeeshop/lecture hall, I found that another class is in session and their stuff was strewn about. Even better, there were a few swords there too. At this point, whatever morals I had about thieving evaporated. I just started searching through the piles of belongings there. In the end I didn't find my sword, but I did find a couple of nice blades, which I took. Disintegration of morals over, I was just about to return to my exam when I awoke with a jerk. Perhaps, the exams in my dreams are more about practical application than I thought.

1 comment:

Ken said...

u know wot....i think you are subconsciously worried about the outcome of our STPM exams. ....well...who wouldn't?