Sunday, July 16, 2006

Eat your heart out

On Friday, I had the pleasure of watching the latest 'Pirates of the Caribbean' sequel with my friends. The film involves the frantic search for a chest(the box, not the body part) containing Davy Jones' still beating heart. Apparently he decided to rip it out because he couldn't stand the pain of his unrequited love for a girl. Some big, bad mofo couldn't stand it, boo hoo. Hell, I go through it quite a lot, but you don't see me make a hole in my chest(the body part, not the box).

Anyway, it got me thinking. What exactly is worse than ripping the heart out, to me? No doubts about it, the answer came to me in a flash, deny me physical activity or exercise. For most of you non-exercise junkies, this may make you think, 'WTF?!', but it is my heroin. Sure, my heart will still be beating, but it will be beating for no purpose at all.

Recently, my nitpicking parents have been waging a campaign against me doing football tricks in the corridor of my apartment. They allege that I was causing a building shaking racket, and I was 'disturbing others', what 'others' they didn't specify exactly. As for causing an almighty din, I admit that there will be some noise when I lose control of the ball, but certainly it is no noisier than when my sis is practising her piano. Speaking of which, the 'music' she has to play is even more annoying, to the point that I want to do a Davy Jones and rip my brain out. My parents really can't say I am disrupting the peace, since I play way before 11pm.

Sometimes, I feel they are doing this just to spite me. Since being shown the red card by them, I feel like another piece is being ripped out of my already lacerated soul. It is how I express myself, along with running. I also feel they let my sis get away with polluting the environment with noise just because they actually have to pay for her lessons. I am becoming increasingly disillusioned with them, so much so I really believe they are a pair of hypocrites.

No comments: