Wednesday, July 12, 2006

When it rains, it pours

After some careful though, I have come to the conclusion that my life closely parallels the weather. I kid you not. It has been raining wolves and tigers this past few days, and it coincides with a particularly bad run of luck, even for me.

My training was interrupted, due to the rain itself, and my body couldn't manage to recover from the unbearable fatigue brought on by running 30km the week before. And I am supposed to run 22km in one shot, go figure. I fear that my fragile legs will be replaced by stumps when I cross the finish line 5 days after I started.

As if my body giving out on me wasn't bad enough, my equipment decides to mutiny, probably due to Captain Jack Sparrow's influence. My running spikes decided to get itself stolen, just in time for my impending race as part of a 4x100 relay, tomorrow.

Actually all of the above isn't really that bad, well maybe the fragile legs thing is, but still not the major cloud in my sky. I am talking about something that strikes to the core of your soul, and rips part of it out. The personal part of my life has been taking an even harder beating my blog is getting from Ju Ping's. It has been getting worse, and I have been reduced from running rings around people to soliciting songs from my friends, so you can imagine to gut-wrenching impact it is making. I am getting the cold shoulder from someone, and as cliched as it seems, it is the worse kind of torture. That's all for now, I hope I can bring myself to say more in my future posts.

Knowing my luck and the current path my life is taking, I will probably blow the whole relay. Something along the lines of dropping the baton, then tripping on it, making a faceplant into the field in the process. But in case, I somehow do manage to buck the current trend, and win, I am so going to change my MSN nick to 'speed demon'. Yeah, it's trivial, but I need to take my mind off some bigger issues.

4 comments:

JennaWanJun said...

So it's true, they say, that you write well. How very intriguing...
Why don't you get a flooble chatterbox? A conversation window for your blog would enable all to place their comments with ease.

Rewarp said...

Hmm... flooble chatterbox. Never heard of it, thanks for posting the suggestion.
And Peter, we have different takes on our blogs.
Yours has stayed homegrown and personal, while mine has become a monster that makes everything personal. We aren't really competing here because we each enjoy the other's blog.

stupeed demon said...

lol, i kinda got to that conclusion this last few days, mostly to make myself feel better lol. hmmm... jenna, how can i make d flooble chatbox?

Anonymous said...

Nice idea with this site its better than most of the rubbish I come across.
»