Friday, August 25, 2006

Random artsy-fartsy post

I will be the first to admit that I am not the most creative of writers. Indeed, I do not think I am particularly creative in any field at all. To sum it up, I do not create, rather I modify. But every now and then, I get one of those brain farts that result in some really weird writing. Here is one good example of a weird poem:

Alan Tea

I know a dog named Alan Tea,
Who's small, cute and oh so funny,
He's quiet and loathes to bark,
But the last thing you should do is to take him for a lark.

As dogs go he's atypical,
Probably because he's not as cynical,
He romps about with nary a moan or whine,
The games he plays show curiosity's sign.

Very carefree and joyful he sure is,
Though he can be serious and no duty does he miss,
He roams and prowls every now and then,
Always on the lookout for suspicious men.

Now, he might look placid and peaceful,
He might like to sleep and drool,
But anyhow he likes to be,
He's still our very own Alan Tea.
_____________________________________________________________________________________

This one was partly inspired by a real dog, and I had a lot of time, so why not?

No comments: