Wednesday, July 06, 2011

Long run on the treadmill

Today's workout was supposed to be a 11 mile medium long run. As the haze has shown no sign of abating anytime soon, that would mean I will have to run on the 'mill much longer that I already have. Before I get to tackle that potential mind killer however, I have to deal with the after effects of yesterday's run. I had planned to head to the gym in the morning, but my body had other plans when I woke up. I really felt depleted and I knew there was no way I could muster up enough mental strength while feeling physically subpar. I dropped straight back into the warm embrace of my bed, wasn't surprising really. What's surprising was I only woke up at 2pm. That would mean I was knocked out for nearly 13 hours. And I still felt tired. Dayummmmm.

Mid-week long run (treadmill)
13+5k
Shoes: Brooks Launch (newer)

Mindful of the length of the run, I started out at a much slower pace. For the first 40 minutes or so, I alternated between increasing the incline and pace at 5 minute intervals. Once I got up to the 13+kph range, there was no more playing with the incline for the simple reason of me tiring out. Still I managed to hold on till just after the hour mark where I stepped off for a short while to have a short drink break. I took about 23 minutes more to complete the balance of the workout. All in all, pretty glad I survived this day.

No comments: