Thursday, July 14, 2011

Recovery turned medium run

After taking yesterday off due to the haze, it was back to the Gardens again. Since I missed out on the long run scheduled for yesterday, I decided to stretch out today's recovery run. How much? No idea exactly, just depends on how the body and legs are feeling.

Medium run - Botanical Gardens
Jog to the Gardens
Light warm up and drills
6x Big Loops+1 small loop
6 hill strides
Light exercises

Once again, the pacer of the day was Ah Yeoh. Since most of my runs at the gardens are on the small, much flatter loop, I decided to hit the big hills for today. We started out at an easy pace, but gradually ramped it up every loop. I still felt sufficiently OK enough to add to the initially planned 4. Still, while my breathing was ok, the legs were gradually taking a beating. We got off the big loop after completing 6 and headed for the small. While I told myself to shoot for 4 loops, I knew halfway after the first that it would be the last. I managed to put in a bit of a surge to the finish. Many thanks again for Ah Yeoh for sticking till the end. Overall it was a solid hour.

No comments: