Thursday, May 12, 2011

Double trouble, Day 16

I didn't get to run much today since tomorrow will be race day. Of course, the weather also played a factor in me being unable to get a morning run in. Contrary to the yesterday's muggy weather, it was raining buckets all through the mid-afternoon when I left Penang. Once I reached Alor Setar, it was already late afternoon. Only then did I manage to get a very short run in. The conditions were certainly less than ideal, what with the sub-par roads of the housing area I was in and the super enthusiastic dogs.

Day 16 (somewhere in Alor Setar, next to some paddy fields)
15 min (easy)
4xvery short strides
Shoes: Brooks Launch (older)

Nevertheless, I gotta make do with my conditions. There were some 'good' news waiting for me when I came back. From the moment the person in charge of registrations told me that 'there was no 5000m', the event I have been bracing myself for is the 10000m (yes, I agree that I am repeating myself too much). But lo and behold, it turned out that my name has been entered for BOTH these killer events held on back to back days. After picking up my jaw from the ground and swallowing back my heart, I came to terms with it. This will be my 3rd double, the 1st was also over 2 days, while the 2nd was over 3. God bless me.

No comments: