Thursday, May 19, 2011

Legs are Still Not Fully Mine: Fartlek, Day 22

I took a break yesterday after 7 consecutive days of training. While my legs have indeed started feeling more and more leaden by the day, I woke up yesterday feeling like they weren't even mine! On top of that, the heavens really opened up just as I was about to head out for my run, so there, even nature told me to take a rest.

My legs still didn't feel like mine when I woke up today, but they got better as the day went on. I figured 48 hours should be adequate lest I start to get sucked into a vicious cycle of copping out from training. The menu also didn't sound that bad, an extended fartlek at a lower intensity.

Day 22 (Botanical Gardens+Jesselton)
Run to Youth Park (warm up)
75min fartlek (easy moderate)
Shoes: Brooks Launch (older)

There were not many fast guys who showed up for this run. Except for Richard, most of the crowd would probably not follow or initiate surges. I was proven right as it turned out to be an easy kinda run for most of them. Richard did follow a couple of my surges towards the end, but on the whole, it was just me mixing up the pace, albeit less frequently. Since this was like the longest fartlek for me this year, I am quite satisfied with being able to finish it. I also discovered that wet surfaces are to be avoided in this pair of trainers as the rough grippy treads have worn away. I nearly slipped on some of the slippery surfaces.

No comments: