Tuesday, May 03, 2011

Semi-aborted run, Day 7

Barely a week into my new training regime and I have already nearly fallen off the wagon. In my defence, I didn't sleep well at all last night, and I passed off 20 minutes of lying on the bed as an afternoon nap. The signs were bad from then on, I really had to force my ass outta the door. I thought things would get better as I ran. My initial plan was to do more than an hour over a hilly course. That sounds like a fat joke now. Barely halfway up the first hill, my body was telling me to pull the plug. So what to do? I decided to recycle it into a hill sprint work out, one which I had planned for tomorrow morning (morning runs? for Peter? another big fat joke HAHA).

Day 7 (Botanical Gardens)
Run to Youth Park (warm up)
Run to Botanical Gardens (medium run epic fail = 2nd warm up)
10x10sec hill sprints (all out, long recovery)
Run back to Youth Park
Shoes: Brooks Launch (newer)

On the way back, I had the good fortune of pacing with Tong, who was doing the second half of his 13k run. Even then, I had to struggle to keep up. Oh yeah, did I mention he's more than twice my age? I don't know whether to be in awe or sorrow.

No comments: