Thursday, May 05, 2011

Situation fartlek-ing normal, Day 9

It turns out my sub-par appearance wasn't for nought. In fact, it paid dividends in today's run already. As usual, Thurdays with the Youth Park gang means fartlek (really just a posh way of saying speed play). And this slightly rude sounding type of run is a good testing ground for changing gears and in-race speed. Remembering some sage advice from an article about always training within myself, today's fartlek wasn't really balls to the wall, yet I felt good stepping on the gas when the situation calls for it.

Day 9 (Botanical Gardens)
Run to Youth Park (warm up)
1hr fartlek (moderate)
Shoes: Brooks Launch (older)

Overall, it's good to find that my legs and body were less lethargic than the last 2 or 3 workouts. I also kinda 'felt' my form was better, especially my arm carriage, but then I can't really be sure till I get someone to video me while running.

No comments: