Monday, May 02, 2011

Tough day at the gardens, Day 6

Once again I couldn't wake up in the morning. And yet again, I had to really tear myself out of a afternoon nap induced stupor to run in the evening. It's all starting to sound like a broken record huh? Anyway, I followed the Payton Jordan Invitational Track Meet live on flotrack earlier in the afternoon and got pretty fired up, so that was the sleep-demon/demotivation kicking weapon of the day.

Day 6 (Botanical Gardens)
Run to youth park (warm up)
1 hr fartlek (moderate)
Shoes: Brooks Launch (older)

Fartleks are usually moderate intensity runs for me, but somehow today I was feeling it even within the first 15 minutes. It might have been the added mileage load rearing its head or maybe Kang was really putting the coals on. Either way, with three quarters of the way to go, that wasn't a good sign. The DNF demons were ever present but I just blanked my mind and focused on each intense part while taking advantage of every single lull in pace. There was not much self initiated surging or extras today. I finished up with a sustained surge for the final stretch back to Youth Park, but I still got my ass kicked by 2 Masters runners. Tsk tsk.

No comments: