Wednesday, May 04, 2011

Track 1 Peter 0, Day 8

Since I have a steamboat appointment later in the evening, I decided to do my workout at the USM track. Oh yeah, in case anyone would think that I am too ashamed to mention that I overslept again, it was raining so I couldn't run anyway. Pffftt.

I decided to do some 200s with generous recovery, sort of a true speed workout mentioned in one of the posts here. Anyway, 'speed' turned out to be the misnomer of the day as far as I was concerned by the end of the workout. To avoid embarrassing myself, I will keep the times to myself :P.

Day 8 (USM track)
10min grass (warm up)
4x200 (last 3 all out but relaxed, long recovery ~6min)
10min barefoot
Shoes (for the shod portions): Brooks T5

While the recommended recovery was as long as it takes to fully recover, my legs were getting heavy even with 5 minutes worth of rest, especially for the last 2 reps. Nevertheless, the positive side of me wants to think that this is due to a lack of speed training on my part and consequently my current form is just temporary. *fingers crossed*

Despite my low training load, I went on to gorge at the steamboat do later, just an extension of my elevated appetite really.

No comments: