Sunday, May 01, 2011

Indoors vs myself, Day 5

Once again, I missed my Sunday morning long run. This time it was due to some unfortunate delays while crossing the dream-reality border. Serious, the dream was just that good.

Anyway, I decided to make up for it with an afternoon session at the gym, albeit with some fierce struggle with my dreams again. Darn, my dreams seemed determined to prevent me from training. Must do something about that.

Day 5 (gym)
1hr progression run (hard, treadmill)
Shoes: Brooks Launch (newer)

I really wanted to go long today, something like over 20k. Unfortunately, whenever I run on treadmills, it's always touch and go. Many people would say treadmill running is boring, and I will tell them that they are ABSOLUTELY RIGHT! Most of the time I only have my reflection for company, and there are definitely no eye candy at my gym (unless you are into aunties and uncles la). So alleviate the boredom, I tend to play with the buttons. Unfortunately that means the run will only get faster or harder. Go figure, I have a masochistic streak. 1 hour is definitely good, in fact it's the longest I have run indoors.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Eye candy huh....*walk away*

Anonymous said...

eye candies are good. But concentration is screwed.... dang...